The average homeowner making a call to water mitigation specialists is a first-timer. You naturally wonder who you'll be inviting into your home to deal with the problem and what the process involves. You want to know how soon you can get your life back to normal. To remove some of the x-factors involved in contracting the water mitigation specialists at Rytech, here's an overview of the process.
- Quick response " Because water damage is an ongoing process and not a single event that's over when the water stops, a professional water mitigation company is ready to respond around the clock, every day of the year. The sooner water is removed and recovery begins, the less likely you'll have long-term secondary effects like toxic mold growth.
- Drying is the first priority " Specialized equipment like professional water vacuums are utilized to quickly remove standing water, then state of the art technology to detect hidden areas of water contamination and advanced methods to hasten drying. Fans and dehumidifiers take damaging excess water vapor out of the air.
- Restoration " Water-saturated items like carpeting and upholstery will be removed. Soaked drywall, soggy ceiling tiles and wet insulation will also be taken out. Valuables that may have contacted water will be air-dried in a secure location.
- Documents and paper material " If written material like books or important documents or photographs have been wet, specialized drying and recovery techniques will be utilized or recommended.
- Decontamination " Any surfaces where mold growth may be triggered by the moisture will be wiped down and treated with EPA-approved disinfectants, where required. Unsalvageable materials like carpet that may spawn mold growth will be disposed of.
- Follow-up " Post-restoration inspections will be conducted to assess the effectiveness of mitigation, as well as the continuing status quo of the home.
For more information on what's involved in calling in water mitigation specialists, contact Rytech Restoration.
Rytech Restoration's Emergency Service Locations
Find your local Rytech Restoration below by clicking and expanding the state where your property is located. Live specialists are standing by, ready to answer your questions and dispatch a certified technician to your door.