Where restoration after water damage is concerned, there's “dry,” and then there's “Rytech Dry.” Rytech dry means more than simply extracting pools of standing water. It extends deep into the structure to mitigate all the unseen contributors to water damage, as well as the potential for after-the-fact issues like mold contamination. Here are some crucial elements of the “Rytech Dry” concept:
- First, get to the source. Water often travels far from its source inside a house. Whenever and wherever water damage happens, the immediate concern is tracking the flow of water to its origin and stopping the flow.
- Identify and extract. Clean water that originated from a ruptured supply line or overflowing fixture can be a straightforward extraction procedure. However, equally common scenarios like sewage back-flow, water entering the house from outdoor flooding, and other unknown sources are more complicated. These issues present a toxic biohazard and impose decontamination procedures in addition to extraction to ensure the highest standard of damage recovery.
- Advanced technology. Discovering everywhere the house is wet is vital. Specialized moisture-detection technology reveals all water-affected areas, including unseen zones like the interior of wall voids and beneath flooring.
- Cutting-edge hardware. High-volume pumps quickly move standing water outdoors. Powerful extractors suck clean water out of carpets without removing them. Industrial dehumidifiers knock down high levels of water vapor that typically permeate the entire house after flooding.
- Staying ahead of mold. Without proactive, preventive treatment after water inundation, active mold contamination of a house is frequently a matter of “when,” not “if.” Quickly removing residual moisture from hidden areas where mold flourishes, disinfecting affected areas, and testing the premises for the presence of airborne spores — now and in follow-up visits — maintains an upper hand on mold contamination.
- Test and verify results. Knowing when the house is fully dry is also critical. Determining dryness isn't guesswork or a gut feeling — it's a matter of scientific testing and verifying that the house meets pre-determined industry target levels throughout the structure and in the air.
For more about what makes a water-damaged home “Rytech Dry,” contact the mold removal specialists at Rytech Restoration.
Rytech Restoration's Emergency Service Locations
Find your local Rytech Restoration below by clicking and expanding the state where your property is located. Live specialists are standing by, ready to answer your questions and dispatch a certified technician to your door.